This year’s Texas School of Professional Photography was nothing short of amazing! Not only did I get to spend the week with a photographer whom I also admire as a person, I learned some new lighting techniques, some technical tricks, and even made new friends.
I still have a lot to process, mentally and physically. I will have to table some of my post-school learning until June due to some out-of-town May weddings, but it was a week worth all the hard work, the lost voice, and the cold/bug I brought back to Austin from Addison.
Some of my favorite moments:
- The ah-ha moment that came after struggling with the same topic/equipment last year.
- The drive up and back with my roommate and new friend.
- Being the only one of my super hero (Underdog) at theme night.
- Reinforcement that I am doing a few things as efficiently as possible; keeping processes efficient keeps me from raising prices.
- Emerald City Band. The #1 band in Dallas. If you need a 12-piece group for a party or event, they can bring it like no one else.
- Hugs from our students who loved the class and who appreciated the hard work I put into my job as a Wrangler.
Thank you all for your patience. It’s a true luxury that I work with clients who understand when I disappear for a whole week each year. Giving me the chance to learn helps me give you a better final product. I appreciate that you all understand that.
Finally, here’s to a happy belated May Day, Derby Days, and Cinco de Mayo.